I help improv students to strengthen their improv basics that they can apply to every type of improv. I do this by trying a variety of forms to work strengths and challenge growth areas, getting lots of reps in every practice, and praising the good work people bring to practices.
I'm proud to say I'm a coach that's invested. I care about the teams I work with. I want to see you get better. I believe in you. I want to go to your shows. I'll charge you less than most coaches, because I like doing this.
I'm Stephen Perlstein you may know me from:
• Improv Obsession Podcast (host)
• Member of Styx Martin (won UCBLA Cagematch once!)
• Brandon and Stephen (won iO Cherry Crush, a BUNCH)
• Space Dangerous (Former hosts of indie show Space Dangerous)
• iO West Harold Team TITAN! (Saturdays at 11PM, woof.)
• UCB Digital Team Muddleberry (I wrote 1 video!)
• Dumbshit Mountain (We were internet famous for a few days)
• iO West House Sketch Team Hutch
• Flappers Burbank House Improv Team (Lasted even less time)
• Coaching a bunch of cool teams around LA (One of my favorite things to do)
• My writing on Wabbit a Looney Tunes Cartoon
• My writing on Dance Moms. Improvisers watch Dance Moms, right?
I've trained at UCB with Cordero, Wengert, Merritt, McLeod, Drew DiFonzo Marks, Alex Berg, and I feel like I'm missing some people... I've also studied with Miles Stroth through his workshops, Craig Cackowski at iO West, Susan Messing, Colton Dunn, a bit at Second City, The Improv Space and a whole bunch more. Oh, and I also do a podcast where I pick improviser's minds for gems, so that's sorta training too.
Obviously, if you come in with something you want to work on, we can do that. I'm a great coach for hungry improvisers who are trying to get their footing, have their skills challenged, and want to grow.